> LABORATORY SERVICES
Food & Feed
- Amino Acids
- Dioxins & PCBs
- Fatty Acid
- Food Colorants
- Food Preservatives
- GMO & Molecular Biology
- Heavy Metal
- Mineral & Other Elements
- Organic Acids
- Pesticides Residues
- Proximate Analysis
- Shelf Life Test
- Solvent Residues
- Sugar & Sweeteners
Cosmetics & Personal Care
Pharmaceutical & Traditional Medicine
Disinfectant & Antiseptic Products
UV Lamp Products
Supporting Lab (Research Purpose)
Quality of Product for Indonesian Market
Azo dyes are one of the most important commercial dyes in world trade. Some azo dyes are prohibited for use because they can be degraded under reductive conditions by releasing certain aromatic amine groups (depending on the azo compound that makes up these dyes). These aromatic amines enter the body through skin absorption and cause some negative effects for humans such as carcinogenic.. Therefore, its use is regulated by the government for the safety of consumers as per Directive 2002/61/EC
Two popular standard methods are available for the determination of 22 aromatic amines (21 of which are carcinogenic) are EN 14362-1 and EN 14362-3
A maximum limit was set for these azo dyes substance or groups are 30 mg/kg in the finished articles or in the dyed parts thereof.
How SIG can help
The SIG laboratory performs analysis of azo compounds on textile matrices and textile toys.
We offer analytical methods using the standard methods EN ISO 14362-1 and EN ISO 14362-2 which define to analyze certain aromatic amines derived from azo dyes.
The types of azo dyes that can be tested in the SIG laboratory are:
- 4.5-triamethylaniline (CAS No. 137-17-7)
- 4-dimethylaniline (CAS No. 95-68-1)
- 6-dimethylaniline (CAS No. 87-62-7)
- 2-Naphthylamine (CAS No. 91-59-8)
- 3-Dichlorobenzidine (CAS No. 91-94-1)
- 3′-Dimethoxybenzidine (CAS No. 119-90-4)
- 3-Dimethylbenzidine (CAS NO. 119-93-7)
- 4′-Methylene-bis-(2-chloro-aniline) (CAS No. 101-14-4)
- 4′-Methylenedianiline (CAS NO. 101-77-9)
- 4′-Methylenedi-o-toluidine (CAS No. 838-88-0)
- 4-4′-Oxydianiline (CAS No. 101-80-4)
- 4-4′-Thiodoaniline (CAS No.95-80-7)
- 4-Aminoazobenzene (CAS No. 60-09-3)
- 4-Chloroaniline (CAS No. 106-47-8)
- 4-Chloro-O-Toluidine (CAS No. 95-69-2)
- 4-Methoxy-M-Phenylenediamine (CAS No. 615-05-4)
- 4-Methyl-M-Phenylenediamine (CAS No. 95-80-7)
- 5-Nitro-O-toluidine (CAS No. 99-55-8)
- 6-Methoxy-m-toluidine (CAS No. 120-71-8)
- Benzidine (CAS No. 92-87-7)
- Biphenyl-4-Ylamine (CAS No. 92-67-1)
- O-Aminoazotoluene (CAS No. 97-56-3)
- O-Anisidine(CAS No. 90-04-0)
- O-Toluidine (CAS No.95-53-4)
Method of Analysis
We used our GC-MS method to measure the levels of azo compounds extracted from the fabric samples/specimens. If the test produce positive result exceeds the specified limit (5-100 mg/kg), it is necessary to carry out additional testing using other chromatographic techniques, eg. HPLC-UV / Vis, as recommended in the standard method
Library of Knowledge
GMP+ International audit activities for registered laboratory has been successfully performed. Thus, SIG's big ambition in actualizing a better place to live #towardsasaferworld becomes even more real. This activity aims for SIG to support the testing needs of...
It is known that food coloring is an additive commonly used to improve the appearance of food or drinks, but during the manufacturing process there is an azo coupling reaction which has the potential to produce residues of aromatic amine compounds such as aniline and...
Rabu 18 Agustus 2021 Suatu kehormatan bagi SIG dapat menjadi tamu pada kegiatan Kunjungan Industri (KI) Online Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia (UPI) Bandung.Kegiatan industrial visit ini merupakan sebuah kegiatan observasi langsung yang diharapkan dapat menjadi wadah...
Graha SIG, Jl Rasamala No. 20, Taman Yasmin, Bogor, Jawa Barat 16113.
Phone. +62 251 7532 348
WhatsApp. +62 82 111 516 516
Jl. Percetakan Negara No. 52 B RT 006 / RW 001, Rawasari, Cempaka Putih, Jakarta Pusat 10570.
Phone. +62 21 2147 9292
Monday to Friday
08.00 - 17.00 WIB.
AMG Tower, 12th Floor, Jl. Dukuh Menanggal 1-A, Gayungan, Surabaya, Jawa Timur, 60234.
Phone. +62 31 8253 1288
WhatsApp. +62 811 9595 545
Jl. Bina Remaja No. 1A (Ruko A) Banyumanik, Kota Semarang, Jawa Tengah 50264.
Phone. +62 24 7640 3685
WhatsApp. +62 813 9170 6805